Nina's Textile Trail

My OCA Textile Tales

Part 2 Building a visual vocabulary – Project 3 Colour -Stage 1 Introduction and preparation

Leave a comment

DSCN2686                       DSCN2687

Above left is my first attempt at the colour circle using Windsor & Newton Designers Gouache.  I found it fairly straightforward but struggled with red violet and think that the orange could be a little redder.

Above right is a second attempt using Daler Rowney System3 original acrylic and WILKO 80g paper.  I much preferred the gouache and 180gsm Hobbycraft premium artist pad.  The acrylic paint didn’t adhere well on the 80g paper.  I am still not happy with the red-violet which I found difficult to mix.  I didn’t feel either of my ‘cool’ reds were quite ‘magenta’ enough for the hue I was hoping for.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s