Still working with the pointillism technique, we were asked to look for a drawing with pastel colours to develop in terms of image making and made a sample. My thread stash is limited in pastel colours so I sketched a viola which matched the pastel colours I had. I didn’t plan it well on paper first with colour pencils as suggested and was really unhappy with the sample. It was too small and not me at all. I then started to stitch a bigger petal so I could use the background in the image but decided it was so unlike me, I needed to think again.
As a positive note, I used some silk cotton to stitch into which was lovely to use.
I then sketched some flowers from a birthday card and stitched a sample into linen scrim